Iraqi authorities have seized more than $20 million, Iraqi dinars, gold and vehicles as part of an expanding corruption investigation involving senior officials, including the detained deputy oil minister Adnan al-Jumaili.

Judge Diaa Jaafar, head of the Central Criminal Court for Combating Corruption, said on Sunday that authorities had seized $20.34 million, 200 million Iraqi dinars worth about $153,000, 60kg of gold and seven vehicles in the case involving al-Jumaili and other suspects.

The judge said the assets were recovered through investigations into financial proceeds allegedly linked to losses incurred in projects carried out by the suspects. The investigation is continuing to trace additional assets and identify other people allegedly involved.

The case has produced a series of large seizures in recent months. Iraq's Supreme Judicial Council said in July that authorities had recovered 375kg of gold in two corruption investigations, including 358kg linked to the al-Jumaili case.

Earlier in July, the judiciary also announced the seizure of 25 billion Iraqi dinars, $200,000 and 4kg of gold jewellery in the same investigation. Some of the money was reportedly held by other people, while another portion was hidden inside the walls of several houses.

A separate case involving electricity ministry official Khalid Ghazai Atiya has also resulted in the seizure of nearly 9 billion Iraqi dinars, equivalent to about $7 million, along with seven gold bars and other gold jewellery, according to the latest statement cited by Iraqi authorities.

Atiya had previously been the subject of an arrest warrant, according to the information provided by the judiciary.

The Iraqi government has intensified its campaign against financial and administrative corruption in recent months, with investigations extending to senior officials and political figures. The judiciary has said it is continuing to pursue assets allegedly obtained through corruption and to take legal action against those involved.

The authorities have not yet announced final court rulings in the cases involving the officials named in the investigation.